What to do after registering for the course?
- Once the school have received the money, your account will be activated.
- Go to ‘My Account’
- Once in, scroll down to the course
- Select the course and get started!
Click to enlarge photos:
I’ve choose to pay by PayLah! / PAYNOW, but where is the QR code?
You can refer to this guide page.
Alternatively, you can use this QR Code.
How long do I have access to the e-learning materials?
3 months. 93 days to be exact
What does FDA mean?
FDA = Fundamentals of Dental Assisting
If you’re an experienced Dental Assistant, we do not recommend this course to you, it will be a waste of your money.
What’s the difference between all the FDA courses?
- only access to e-learning materials (for 3 months)
- no practical lessons but e-learning materials are the same as FDA-ELP
- good for overseas trainees / ex-dental assistant who needs a refresher / those who are interested but is not sure if they really want to do dental assisting
- access to e-learning materials (for 3 months)
- 8 hours of practical hands-on
- 2 hours Competency Assessment
- Job search assistance
- This is good for people who really knows that they want to do dental assisting
- For serious learners only because if you’re not serious, you’ll end up wasting a lot of money (there is no refunds)
- It is the same as FDA-ELP but for people who wants an ‘instalment’ option, you can take the FDA-ELP course in 3 parts.
- You will only complete the course if you complete ALL 3 Parts
- It’s also for serious learners because there is no refunds if you give up half way.
I still have difficulties deciding… what should I do?
You can contact our school and get advice.
Whatever we suggest is purely for your best interest.
I took FDA (e-learning only) Course but I’ve decided to do FDA-ELP Course now, what should I do?
You can just pay the difference and convert to FDA-ELP.
Contact the school to make this arrangement.
What do we do in Practical?
Some of the things you will do hands-on practical:
- Donning and doffing off PPE
- Wiping down the dental unit
- Set-up dental unit
- Prepare injection
- Assisting in basic procedures
- and many more!
How are the e-learning materials like? Is it all wordy?
We tried our best to make it as less wordy as possible, so most of the topics have pictures, videos, content in point forms.
However, there are some topics that we can’t avoid wordy explanation, just do your best to understand those. For FDA-ELP trainees, if you really do not understand, you can ask your trainers during practical classes.
For those who only took FDA (e-learning only) Course, if you have difficulties, you can contact the school for help.
What happened once we lose access to our e-learning materials?
As a true Dental Assistant, there is no need for reference. However, if you feel like you still need to refer to something after the 3 months, you can purchase the notes at S$35.
I registered for the wrong course, what should I do?
You can contact our admin for help.
If it is the same category of course, we can change for you. E.g. if you wanted to register for ‘FDA (e-learning only) Course’ but registered ‘FDA-ELP Course’.
But if you registered for a totally different course, e.g. you wanted to register for ‘FDA-ELP’ but registered for ‘Dental Assisting in Orthodontics’ instead. In cases like this, we are unable to change it for you.
Please double check your course before making payment.
If I take the FDA-ELP, do the school guarantee employment?
Unfortunately, no. We can promise you job interviews but not employment because it really depends on how well your interview went.
We had a trainee who had 5 job interviews but failed all of it… (but she finally ended up working for a clinic)
If you are too picky with the working hours, location, salary, colleagues, job scopes etc… you’ll have a more difficulties finding employment. As someone who is totally new to this industry, it is good to accept any clinic who is willing to teach you and give you an opportunity to work.
However, if this is really what you want to do, the school will do its best to help you and you’ll often end up working in a dental clinic as planned!